Friday 5 December 2014

Santa Claus is Coming to Town {day 3}

The 3rd story in my December Daily is seeing Santa! We went to visit Santa in his grotto at Dobbie's Garden Centre on 30th November but I'm not sticking hard and fast to documenting only what happens on any given day. In reality sometimes nothing happens, sometimes a lot happens. Some days I will document the everyday. Some days I'll document Christmas stories that happened outside of December and some days I'll document out of sync because I might have two stories from one day that I want to tell. In a nutshell I'm winging it. And for me, that's the only way to go. If I get too bogged down looking for things or trying to fit things in, I'll fall by the wayside straightaway. December Daily, for me, is about documenting 25 Christmas stories and they might not all be completely festive either but I'm OK with that too.

I love this 4x6 journalling card from Simple Stories The Story of Us but it needed a little tweaking to work with my festive page. 
















I added some stickers from the Teresa Collins Tinsel and Company collection. The tiny little 'together' sticker is from The Story of Us collection (it's not just for weddings!), a strip of American Crafts Glitter tape and a Flair badge from Hey Little Magpie. The journalling reads: Noah cried the entire time, Lily covered her eyes (which is an improvement on last year), Jack and Nia were super stars.

 
The 3x4 cards are from the stash of foundation cards that I created using The Stamp Spot's Documenting December 2014 gold kit. I just added the title 'meeting Santa'. 

As always I've added plain Project Life cards to remind me what photos go where. I'm going to do an online order today and I'm looking forward to sharing by finished pages with you.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment