Thursday 4 December 2014

All I Want for Christmas is You {day 1}

I get to start December Daily with a celebration as the first of December is our wedding anniversary. To celebrate this year we went to see the Musical Wicked at the Playhouse in Edinburgh. If you haven't seen it you should, it's fantastic. I booked the tickets in advance (November 2013 in advance) and it was well worth the wait.


I pulled out some The Story of Us by Simple Stories. I mentioned recently in my The Story of 'The Story of Us by Simple Stories' post that I don't think this collection was solely for weddings, I think it works pretty well for wedding anniversaries and Christmas albums with a gold theme too.

I created a double spread. I go with what I have. If I have loads of photos I'll have a double page (more if needed) if not then I'll use one side of a 12x12 page protector or I'll use a smaller Project Life page protector like the 6x12 you see here. I don't stick to a hard and fast rule (I make it up as I go along). 

You might notice I have some plain cards with 'photo' written on them. This is because I don't print at home and while you might think that would be a bit of a show stopper for a project like December Daily it's not. I plan my pages with my iPhone in my hand (I take all my photos on my i Phone) and work out which photos and cards I am going to use for my pages from there. I order my photos online from Truprint and I'll probably do this two or three times during 1-25 December.

The number one card, the All I want for Christmas card and the Meet me under the mistletoe card are all from my pile of foundation cards that I made using The Stamp Spot's Documenting December 2014 gold kit. I used the Story of Us Sn@p Cards (there are loads of cards in this pack that could be used for non wedding projects) and the Sn@p Cuts (none of these cut cards are wedding themed) and this gorgeous card from my brother and sister-in-law. 

  
We received so many lovely cards this year but this one matched my colour scheme perfectly and was easy to cut down to fit into a 4x6 pocket. I'm a sucker for bit and pieces and find it hard to throw anything away so it's great when I can include something in a scrapbook.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely album, great that you included a trimmed down anniversary card too and loving the GOLD!!

    ReplyDelete