Wednesday 21 September 2011

Welcome to the World

My little neice arrived safe and sound last week; a little bundle of loveliness. In preparation for her arrival I created a couple of pages for her very first scrapbook. I decided on the Amanda Blu Woodland Animals album for her. I have the Robots version of this album as well (in fact I have three but that's a whole other story). The albums have a lovely touchy feely fabric embellished cover which you can't help but stroke. You really need to see them in the flesh. They are gorgeous. My little man loves his 'robots book'. He is always 'just looking' at the cover :)


I used Simple Stories Baby Steps, Prima flowers (Whisper Collection - Celebrate and Classic Lace - Aria), a Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, some Kaisercraft gems and pearls and Lullaby Thickers. I inked the cardstock and papers with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


A little slow on the up-take, I am fast becoming a kraft cardstock convert. I just can't see past it at the moment. It's so easy to work with no faffing around trying the match papers to cardstock. No pulling out oddles of one colour of cardstock to find that really you have nothing out of the masses that actually matches. Urgh. 

In other news, I am throwing a  Gruffalo themed birthday party for my little man's 3rd birthday. Amazing! Said the Gruffalo.

5 comments:

  1. What a stunning, stunning layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is utterly utterly beautiful! I like the sound of the party too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pages are gorgeous , and congratulations to the new parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful - love your embellishments and use of borders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that is just adorable!! great LO :))

    ReplyDelete